Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On the Hudson



On Friday evening, after the ceremony, the wedding party boarded a boat on the Hudson for a booze cruise. Nell and I hit the top deck and watched the moody sky blaze into nothingness.* We were amazed by the beauty of the bridges and the water and the trees and the sky. As the bass sounds of "Brick House" floated up from the first deck, the boat chugged from Troy to the port of Albany and then turned around and headed back again. When the sky got dark, we joined the fray below.



*yes, I just quoted an Indigo Girls song. I'm cool like that.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

gotta love booze and a boat..."fasten up your earthly burdens, you have just begun..."

jennamichelle said...

Beautiful photos! My favorite are the second one down, & the second from the bottom. What a gorgeous sky.

Clementine said...

Jennifer--sweeeeeeeet. oh yes, and "secure yourself to heaven, hold on tight the night has come."
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can quote IG on command!

Jennamichelle--thank you! I love those too :)