Tuesday, February 24, 2009

oh, Domino


I'd been holding out hope that the groundswell of protest in blogland over the folding of Domino might bring it back (hey, it works for tv shows all the time, right?) But it looks like that probably won't happen. I'm trying to put aside the time to go through the website while it's still there and save all my favorite images. Here's a good article from the NYT about the fold. It finishes with a great quote from Cynthia Kling:
“It’s like that scene in ‘Dinner at Eight,’ ” she said, shrugging parka-clad shoulders, “the part when the husband comes home and tells his wife he’s lost his job. And she says something like, ‘Darling, that’s fabulous! All the best people are losing their jobs.’ ”

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

what a fantastic quote.

jennifer said...

Blueprint folding was bad enough but now I might never recover.
You're line is SO lovely by the way. I love the design and simplicity of that sideways teardrop necklace. Thanks for saying hello!

Clementine said...

Hi Jennifer--thanks so much for the sweet compliments! :)
I also heard O at Home folded. I didn't subscribe but the last issue was fabulous, full of great tips and color palettes *sigh*

Anonymous said...

That quote gave me a chuckle in spite of pining the loss of Domino.