Sunday, February 01, 2009
So, weeks after being tagged by both Ginger and Melissa, I give you my 16 Things (I can just hear the collective sigh of anticipation)!
1) I have a Master's degree in procrastination. Writing this now? Yup, total procrastination. I'm on jewelry piece #4 of 10 that have to go out tomorrow, plus I have book jacket copy due for Random House that I haven't started--and that leads to...
2) I'm a professional book jacket copywriter. I read the book and then write the blurb on the book that tells you what its about. It's a pretty frickin' sweet job.
3) I really have no idea what to call the color of my eyes. Are they green? gray? blue-gray-green? I'm stumped. I should just get some color contacts and call it a day.
4) I have 16 orchids. LOVE orchids. Obsessed is probably more accurate.
5) I have a long scar below my lip from when I was 3. My parents liked to walk around all the houses in our neighborhood that were under construction (during the boom in Austin, TX). There was a large hole in the floor of one such house, covered with cardboard. I stepped on it and disappeared into the hole, hitting my mouth on the way down. Apparently you could see my teeth through the gash. ICK. Luckily there was a plastic surgeon on duty at the hospital, and my lips are so big most people don't notice a thin little scar. which leads to....
6) the boys all called me Sausage Lips in elementary school. little bastards.
7) I was the captain of my lacrosse team in high school. Which sounds impressive until I tell you...
8) there were 14 kids in my HS graduating class.
9) At college, I was supposed to play on both the lacrosse and soccer teams, but I hated the sorority-like attitude of my teammates, so I quit and joined the Squash team--even though I'd never even played it before. Turns out, squash is a fantastic game!
10) I had appendicitis 4 times before it was correctly diagnosed and I had my appendix removed. The first time I had it I went to the emergency room and the doctor told me it was gas--and then went out front for a smoke.
11) I'm Type 1 Diabetic--4-5 shots a day, baby!
12) I could probably eat a huge salad every day for dinner for the rest of my life and be totally happy. I love a good salad, and they're so versatile, so full of possibility.
13) I love to sing. Tra la la la la!
14) man, it's hard coming up with 16 things. how did you all do this?
15) I'm obsessed with Lost. Love it. Love the 'mythology', the sense of humor, the teasing and the coaxing and the speculation. Best show on tv, in a long while.
16) I don't know the multiplication tables at all. 7x8? no clue. 6x7? damned if I know. Sad, but true. ;)
So I'll tag:
Joy (she'll never see this!)
Tonya (she'll totally see this but never get a chance to do it!)