Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Things I've Found in the Woods


Here it is, the long-overdue, possibly anti-climactic return of Things I've Found in the Woods. I've been gathering bits and bobs of grossness for you, skins and feathers and bones. The things I have held for miles through the woods just to bring them home to photograph! Most of them recently deceased.

These are, I believe, from a fox. There was a skull along with them. I jammed a stick into the brain cavity and started home with my bounty. It didn't take long to realize there was a horrible, barf-inducing smell coming from the skull and a swarm of flies were following me. Even *I* don't like bones enough to deal with gooey brain cavities.


3 comments:

Kateri Morton said...

you're a trouper. thanks for suffering on our behalf! i've missed Things I've Found in the Woods. now go wash your hands. unclean! unclean!

Rebecca said...

Um, am I alone when I say. . . ew? Lovely photos though. I'm glad they don't come with smell-o-vision!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

holy crapz. these are incredible.