Tuesday, January 05, 2010
The weirdest things about Las Vegas:
• People smoking inside. Everywhere. But mostly at the slot machines.
• The sheer number of naked statues. Naked statues with protruding boobs and bits that compel everyone who passes by to take a photo with their hands on them.
• You never have to go outside. You can move from one casino to another and another inside.
• There are wild animals caged on the ground floor of your hotel.
• Each night on your way to the elevator bank that serves your room floor, you will pass go-go dancers posed in the Os of the word 'Revolution.' Which will not seem very revolutionary.
• Couture label stores (Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Louboutin) everywhere without a soul shopping in them.
• The slot machines no longer take quarters. When you go to the cashier and say "I have $50 in quarters" they will not change them into bills for you.
• By the time you make your way to The Bellagio and see the giant Chihuly installation in the lobby, you will be underwhelmed because of all the other crap you've already seen.
• The food is generally really good. Like, unexpectedly good.
• The facade of the Venetian is actually pretty. And the "canals" are swimming pools with boats instead of people.
• There's a volcano at The Mirage that "explodes" every hour. And you will enjoy it.