Wednesday, September 23, 2009
It has begun, folks. The the slow fade, the turning inward. We've already had two light frosts. I'm relishing the smaller moments, a bee on the echinacea, a frog in the grass. Here's what it looks like around these parts right now.
On my fall garden to-do list:
* dig up the dahlias, let them dry out, then put the tubers in paper bags for winter storage
* mulch the beds (I'll admit, this is the one I'm least likely to get to)
* finally plant the Montauk Daisies I got weeks ago
* plant my new spring bulbs
* dig up and re-plant 2 lilacs that I accidentally planted in an ant-infested hell-patch
what's on your fall garden to-do list?